Created in 2019 as a UCLouvain spin-off, VOCSens develops innovative gas microsensors for remote environemental monitoring, industrial, security and health applications, supplying reliable and relevant data. The spin-off aims to the development and commercialization of ultra-low-power low-cost multi-pixel CMOS gas microsensors for the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0 markets.
The VOCSens technology, unveiling the invisible, is a crucial step in today and tomorrow's challenges related to ecology, health, economy and environment.
The company currently includes 7 dynamic and easy-going experts. They just raised 2.5 Mio€ and expect to triple their team in 2022! They are about to launch the industralisation phase and to accelerate the commercilisation.
Find out more about the company on their website: www.vocsens.com.
To support the growth of the company based in Louvain-la-Neuve, we are currently looking for a (m/f): Software Engineer.
As Software Engineer, you integrate the “Software & AI” R&D department and report to the Software Architect. You oversaw the development of data processing applications, improve database architecture and support the products of VOCSens.
Your responsibilities include:
- Coding both server and firmware applications, as well as optimize the data processing methods through our database.
- Liaising and consutling with the team to translate customer requirements into solutions.
- Maintenaing the data analysis platform, providing technical support, and assisting troubleshooting and day-to-day operational issues.
- Providing monitoring of the platform to proactively identify and resolve issues. Conducting root cause analysis to identify and resolve complex problems impacting service levels.
- Developping new features and/or extensions for both backend and frontend, including UI.
- Documenting the configuration of the system, including controls and procedures.
- Conducting validation test and demo for customers and/or end users.
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related disciplines with/without experience.
- You are comfortable for scripting and code development (Python, C) with knowledge in database management (MySQL, MariaDB) and container-based system integration.
- Skills in AI (machine learning, artificial neural network) is an asset.
- You have proficiency in statistical programming languages and experience with continuous integration and pipeline development in high performance computing environments.
- You are creative and have an innovative mindset.
- You are fluent in French and/or English. Our business language is English. Basis in Dutch is a plus.
- A diversified and challenging position within a growing startup.
- The opportunity to join a human scale and dynamic company with a motivated team.
- Working in a enriching ecosystem made up of customers, integration partners and university researchers.
- An competitive salary package including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.