iTeos Therapeutics is a publicly-held (NASDAQ: ITOS), clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing, and in July 2020, we completed our IPO raising over $200million of proceeds.
This additional capital will allow us to continue to develop our clinical pipeline and maintain our investments in our discovery research team to leverage its fantastic science to improve the lives of cancer patients. For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
To strengthen the team in Gosselies, we are looking for a (m/f) :
Sr. Scientist – Preclinical Research & Development
Within its Preclinical Department, iTeos is looking for a talented, creative and highly motivated (Sr.) Scientist with expertise in immuno-oncology or immunology research to join the Tumor Immunology and Target Validation Team. The successful candidate will play a key role to support our current preclinical programs by leveraging his/her expertise within our R&D team, working in close interaction with the pharmacology and translational medicine groups. In addition, the successful candidate is expected to contribute tothe discovery, investigation and validation of new targets to expand the iTeos pipeline and help develop the future breakthrough cancer immunotherapies. In this role, he/she will work independently and as part of a team to generate robust in vitro data packages on one or more IO targets, helping to guide decision making and timely progression to clinical trials. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented scientist eager to contribute in a meaningful way to the development of innovative IO drugs for cancer patients.
- Drive the in vitro studies within a project team all along its progression towards the clinic: selection of the lead candidate, generation of the in vitro package as part of IND enabling studies, definition of the target biology and drug mode of action and finally support the biomarker development plan in collaboration with the translational team.
- Bring new ideas/drugs on iTeos pipeline
- Design, validate and carry experimental in vitro immunoassays using Standard Operating Procedures. Timekeeping in the lab will be in between 30-50%, based on the candidate profile.
- Develop new immunoassays that will help deepen the biological knowledge of the drug target and characterize the mode of action of biologic candidates. Share this immunoassay expertise with other teams within the company.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyze data in order to present them at project team meetings.
- Show strong ownership by being up-to-date with the project literature and more broadly with the immune-oncology field.
- Collaborate with external contacts, either with academic partners or with CRO’s.
- PhD and/or post-doc in (Tumour) Immunology
- 3 to 5 years of relevant hands-on experience in the biotech/pharma industry or in a similar academic position. Familiarity with drug development would be an advantage.
- Strong expertise in immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation, setting-up immune cell based assays (in vitro stimulation of immune cells, suppression assays, antigen recall assays for example) and advanced flow cytometry are indispensable.
- Additional molecular cell biology/immunology techniques are important assets (ELISA/MSD/Luminex, qPCR, gene expression analysis or CRISPR-based genomic screening tools), as is familiarity with automation.
- Strong track record of scientific publications or productivity (posters, presentations, etc.).
- Excellent command of English (oral and written).
- Committed and detail-oriented, you have a strong sense of time management and a good ability to adapt to changes in priorities.
- You are both autonomous and a team player with an inquisitive mindset and strong problem-solving skills.
- You are very open-minded and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A stimulating position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- A permanent contract with an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.