Caprion Biosciences, an international contract research organisation based in Montreal (Canada) offers analytical services to biopharmaceutical companies for the characterization of the human immune response in pre-clinical and clinical studies.
Caprion operates globally, with facilities in North America, Europe and Asia, and supports large pharmaceutical companies and biotechs.
In the context of its growing immune monitoring service offering, Caprion is looking to hire a Research Assistant for its flow cytometry and serology platforms, for its site in Gosselies, Belgium.
Research Assistant – Immunology / Serology (Laboratory work)
Reporting to the Laboratory Team Leader and working closely with Principal Scientists, the Research Assistant will work within a team focusing on the characterization of the cellular and of the humoral immune response. The main responsibilities will include the execution of PBMC isolation, flow cytometry assays, viral neutralization assays, Luminex and ELISA assays.
Tasks include :
- Perform PBMC isolations, cellular assays, viral neutralization assays and other serological assays according to current standard operating procedures;
- Establishment and maintenance of cell cultures;
- Manage reagents inventories and orders;
- Participate to the review of method SOP and worksheets;
- Participate to the technical management of the laboratory;
- Perform work according to internal quality standards, apply relevant Quality System procedures and participate to the continuous improvement of Quality documents;
- Attend relevant internal training activities.
Profile of the applicant :
The applicant must hold a bachelor degree or a master degree (or the equivalent) in a life science discipline such as biology, medical biology or biochemistry/biotechnology. One or two years of demonstrated experience in techniques related to cellular and humoral immunology is preferred.
The applicant must :
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills.
- Demonstrate schedule adaptability and flexibility.
- Be willing to actively participate to the generation, the implementation and the continuous improvement of laboratory processes.
- Be willing to work in a Quality environment (ISO17025, GCLP, GMP) and apply good documentation procedures (GDP).
- Be functional in French (spoken and written) and have a functional knowledge of written English. Knowledge spoken English is an asset.
- Full time permanent contract, with possibility of rapid start.
- Diversified tasks and responsibilities.
- A professional, dynamic and stimulating work environment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A competitive salary package including benefits, adapted to your experience and the context.