Our client is a new Belgian high-potential innovative Biotech company, a spinoff of UCLouvain based in Louvain-La-Neuve. This human-sized structure will definitely be a leader in cancer immunotherapy.
Our client shows the ambition and the resources to grow to a worldwide class Biotech. Its main objective for coming years is performing preclinical and clinical validation of innovative therapies for cancer treatment.
In order to support this challenging growth, we are actively looking for a Research Associate – In Vitro Tumor Immunology (M/F).
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with expertise in in vitro and/or in vivo techniques. The selected candidate will perform key biological/pharmacological studies enabling the screening and identification of lead small molecules and therapeutic settings for novel treatment approaches for cancer immunotherapies.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Provide key in vitro and in vivo data to support decision making process on one or several projects at the Discovery stage.
- Independently design, validate and carry experimental in vivo experiments and in vitro immunoassays and gain expertise in a wide range of techniques.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyze data.
- Be part of an interdisciplinary team and actively collaborate with other scientists within the company.
- Report experimental results to support regulatory filings, patents and publications.
- Maintain knowledge of scientific advances and competitive activity from scientific literature, meetings and academic/industrial contacts.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Biotechnology/Life Sciences or equivalent through experience.
- Expertise in working with cell lines, experience in in setting-up immune cell-based assays (isolation, handling of primary immune cells) is a plus.
- Additional cell and molecular biology techniques are important assets (ELISA, qPCR, experience with MSD or Luminex platform, gene expression analysis).
- Experience with animal work and the Felasa certification is an asset.
- Willingness and ability to learn and implement novel experimental techniques.
- Knowledge of GraphPad prism software and cytometry softwares such as Diva and FlowJo is highly desirable.
- Good command of English (oral and written).
- Autonomous, flexible, committed, detail-oriented with a strong sense of time management.
- Team spirit, an inquisitive mindset with strong problem-solving skills are essentials.
- A varied position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- To work in a human-sized, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- The opportunity to take part of a challenging scientific and business growth.
- An attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
- The position will be initially based in Brussels, then in Louvain-la-Neuve after around one year.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.