iTeos Therapeutics is a privately-held, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to extending and improving the lives of cancer patients by designing and developing next generation immunotherapies. iTeos Therapeutics is advancing its two main programs into a phase I/II clinical stage. The first program is an insurmountable and non-brain penetrant adenosine A2A receptor antagonist. The second program is a human ADCC-enabling anti-TIGIT antibody.
Based in Gosselies, Belgium and Cambridge, MA, iTeos Therapeutics was founded out of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research (LICR) and the de Duve Institute (UCLouvain) in 2011. In March 2020, the Company completed a $125 million Series B2 financing led by 6 main US Venture Capitalists. All previous investors including Fund +, VIVES II and SRIW, as well as SFPI, also participated in this funding round. For more information, please visit www.iteostherapeutics.com.
iTeos Therapeutics is now a world-class actor in the sector. To carry on its growth and reinforce its team, iTeos Therapeutics is looking for a (m/f) :
Clinical Study Manager
The Clinical Study Manager is responsible to lead and manage the operational execution of one or more iTeos Therapeutics clinical trials in terms of cost, timeliness and efficiency, while assuring data quality and integrity.
Lead the development of the operational plans for clinical deliverables for assigned complex and/or multiple studies in parallel, effectively implementing design excellence in line with the Clinical Development Plan (CDP) and ensuring the principles of Good Clinical Practice (GCP). Main responsibilities include management of study operational plan and CRO activities, including project timelines, quality of deliverables and follow-up of approved trial budget throughout the life of the clinical development. More specifically:
- Participates in the Development of iTeos Therapeutics clinical study plans and elaborate study timelines, with particular input into operational aspects of the study and identification of cost drivers and opportunities for efficiency.
- Responsible for the selection and management of CROs and study-related vendors, including defining CRO or vendor responsibilities, negotiating the contract and change orders and establishing a fair and accurate budget.
- Manage and lead cross-functional study teams, including vendors.
- Participates in the selection of investigational sites (feasibility), prepares recruitment projections and selection of countries and sites in collaboration with the study team and CRO.
- Oversees the development/amendment of clinical study documents, including documents such as study protocols, informed consent forms (ICFs), Investigator Brochure, IMPD, and the preparation of the regulatory files.
- Assist to complete the trial according to required timeframe and costs and provide assistance in execution of all programs according to clinical protocols.
- Plans and manages Investigators’ meetings in close collaboration with the Clinical Study Physicians (CMO or Medical Directors) and other functions, including the study vendors
- Manages all study-related activities to meet GCP/ICH guidelines and the study protocol. Implement Clinical-related SOPs and Q&A system to meet GCP/ICH guidelines in compliance with associated regulations.
- Ensure appropriate filing of study documents in the trial master file
- Oversees clinical trial sites’ adherence to pertinent regulations through review of monitoring reports, CQA-GCP audit report, communications with investigators, study site personnel, CRAs, and other CRO/designee personnel
- Coordination of investigational product (IP) activities, including accountability and labelling activities.
- Participates in study data review and other review activities as assigned in accordance with GCP
- In collaboration with CROs, identify risks to study and develop risk mitigation plans, escalate risks and ensure rigorous risk mitigation planning.
- Master’s Degree in life science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical research experience, with minimum 1 years as a Clinical Study Manager
- Solid vendor management skills including previous experience negotiating vendor/site contracts and managing the budgets
- Thorough understanding of FDA, EMA, ICH and GCP guidelines
- Possess strong analytical skills and highly organized project management abilities, keeping an eye on both detail, while maintaining a broad overview.
- Experience with Phase I/II clinical trials, preferably in oncology
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Understanding of clinical operations related to clinical development functions
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams both internally & externally
- Ability to work autonomously and in close collaboration with peers
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English (oral and written communication). Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Proficiency with computer programs including Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project
- Ability and willingness to travel 5% of the time (internationally and domestically)
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, energetic, self-starter
- Approaches challenges with creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to engage team to achieve goals without direct authority
- A stimulating scientific position within a high-potential innovative biotech company.
- The opportunity to work in a science-driven, dynamic, human‐sized, respectful and professional environment.
- A challenging scientific and business growth in which you get to bring your knowledge and skills.
- Varied contacts inside the company, the biotech/pharma sector and the scientific world.
- A long-term contract and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.