Subaru Europe is the European subsidiary of the renowned Japanese car manufacturer. Founded in 1953, Subaru is now operating in more than 100 countries worldwide. Driving enjoyment, safety and peace of mind are the trademarks of Subaru.
Subaru Europe is establishing a telematics department to launch connected vehicles in Europe. The new section will take care of all activities related to the implementation and launch of connected vehicles in Europe and will develop the future strategy for telematics. They also have to establish a strong partnership with external parties to develop the technical solutions.
In order to develop the Telematics activities in Brussels, we are currently looking for a (m/f):
As a Telematics Manager, you are in charge of Subaru Europe’s telematics section. You lead all connected vehicles projects in collaboration with your team and under the supervision of the General Manager of the department. You define the strategy for telematics projects and manage the external partners that deliver the technical solutions for Subaru connected vehicles in Europe.
Your main responsibilities are:
- You establish the Telematics section allowing it to start its operations.
- You act as one of the key persons for the Telematics implementation project for new Subaru vehicles.
- You define the future strategy for the connected Subaru vehicles in Europe and implement it.
- You manage the team and the budget of the telematics department.
- You define the planning, process and procedures for telematics initiatives.
- You perform market research on connected vehicles technologies.
- You liaise efficiently with other Subaru Europe teams and with Subaru HQ in Japan.
- You select and coordinate external partners such as OEM suppliers, distributors, etc.
- You arrange tests (UAT, QA, coordination) on the new telematics products.
- You provide support and trainings on connected vehicles matters.
- You are a senior automotive business and/or technical Executive.
- You have experience with connected vehicles and telematics technologies.
- You have a sound understanding of vehicle communication, vehicle design/functionality, diagnostics or contemporary vehicle technologies.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in people management.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills in English, with strong interpersonal skills.
- You are flexible, proactive, autonomous and team-player.
- A challenging position with a strong influence in a multi-national environment.
- The opportunity to build a department from scratch and have a strategical impact.
- A wide range of automotive technical and business challenges.
- An appropriate salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.