Based near Wavre, in Walloon Brabant (Belgium), our client is a scale-up company active in the development of custom electromechanical devices, mainly for the medical sector, but also for the aerospace, industrial and defense sectors.
By joining this project, you will be taking part in the development of one of the most advanced and promising mechatronics technologies and embarking on a fast-growing adventure with exciting opportunities.
To support the growth of the company's activities, we are looking for a Production Manager (M/F).
As Production Manager, you play a crucial role in supervising production processes, managing the supply chain and delivering products, all in compliance with the quality standards. Reporting to the Managing Director of the company, your objective is to ensure the company's operational objectives are achieved and that customer requirements are delivered on time.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Ensure compliance to the production process and standard operating procedures by creating manufacturing instructions, setting control points, and managing KPI’s of the production line.
- Seek, select, and qualify mechanical B2B suppliers from around the world (including vendor selection, negotiation of contracts, and monitoring of supplier performance).
- Participate in the continuous improvement of working methods by identifying anomalies and managing non-conformities.
- Optimize stock management and anticipate the supply of production components using the ERP system (Odoo).
- Supervise the maintenance of production equipment to ensure optimal performance and minimize downtime.
- Ensure compliance with medical quality standards (ISO 13485) throughout the production process.
- Implement and maintain a robust Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure product quality and regulatory compliance.
- Visit subcontractors and suppliers to ensure compliance of activities and products used.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with a technical focus (Engineering, Science, Operations Management) or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 5 years' experience in a similar role within the mechanical industry or in a related field.
- You have very good knowledge of quality management systems, preferably ISO13485.
- You have experience of using ERP systems (Odoo ERP is a plus).
- You are fluent in English. French is an asset.
- You are a creative problem-solver, a team-worker and you like taking initiative.
- You are hands-on, structured and have problem-solving skills.
- You are willing to travel 5-10% of the time for occasional customer or supplier meetings.
- To be part of the development of one of the most cutting-edge and promising mechatronics technologies.
- To join a most-promising Walloon scale-up company with attractive growth possibilities.
- The opportunity to work in a human-sized, dynamic, respectful and professional environment.
- A competitive package in line with the position responsibilities and the context
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential.